Stories? Comments? Send them to contact@isthismydrink.com

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bust a cap

Oh cappuccinos. Something about them just seems to demand argument.

"A man came in and ordered an 8 ounce cappuccino. I started to explain to him that our small is actually 12 ounces, but before I could offer him any alternatives he interrupted me, yelling

'That is unacceptable! At that point it's just a latte!'

So anyway I told him I could only fill the cup up a little over halfway and he agreed. And then of course after I made his drink and called it out several times he let it just sit a good five minutes while I just watched all my pretty foam flatten out. Strangely enough, he was ok with that."


A barista in Wisconsin dealt with the all too common opposite side of that:

"Customer: Yeah I'd like a cappuccino with no foam.
My Shift: A cappuccino...with NO foam?
Customer: Yeah. I hate foam.
My Shift: Um, sir, our cappuccinos are mostly foam. Would you like a latte, that's mostly milk?
Customer: Who puts foam in a cappuccino?"

No comments:

Post a Comment