Stories? Comments? Send them to contact@isthismydrink.com

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Round and round and round we go

Meanwhile in Seattle listening is an artform

"Customer: Do you guys have chai tea?
Me: We do. Did you want a chai tea latte or just the tea?
Her: A chai
Me: So the chai latte then?
Her: No. (looking at menu board) Ooo, what's a chai freddo?
Me: Those are our ice blended drinks
Her: That's what I want. That's hot, right?
Me: No, those are our *ICED* blended drinks. If you want something hot I can get you just a chai tea or the chai latte.
Her: Oh. I just want the chai tea. No foam.
Me: The tea is just tea bags and water, there's no foam
Her: But I want milk.
Me: I can leave you room to add cream if that's what you want, or I can make you a chai latte
Her: What's that?
Me: It's our chai tea, mixed with a chai extract and freshly steamed milk
Her: Yeah. That.

::sigh::"

No comments:

Post a Comment